DebConf6 Over - Thanks to all and pictures for the gallery (Posted by: The DebConf6 Orga Team)
As you probably know by now: DebConf6 is over! It was an excellent event at a nice location with some amazing network details - such as 1.8km of cable to get all our areas linked into the local network, and having a fiber link into the tower - with 10mbit hubs.
We would like to say thank you to all the people who helped to run and organize this conference, taking on tasks such as
- Getting the reception to do the right things at the right time
- Running our info desk, handling a very broad set of tasks
- Getting the local network running, including all the cables and wireless parts
- Getting the uplink running
- Maintaining the local servers and video machines
- Recording videos of the talks, workshops and BoFs
- Managing the sound equipment
- Streaming the videos to the world
- Printing name tags and food tickets
- Packing the bags for the participants
- Managing Talks
- Collecting food tickets
- Laundry management
- Translating Spanish to English, and vice versa
- Maintaining the schedule
- Taking people to the medical service
- Making T-Shirts
- Managing the Formal Dinner
- Tidying up
- Arranging a great day trip
- Translating texts
- All the tasks we missed to mention here but still got done
Additional thanks go to all the people who lent us their hardware, our sponsors for making the event possible in the first place (see the full list at debconf6.debconf.org), and to all the attendees who managed to keep on smiling even when things didn’t always turn out as expected.
While we are at it: There is a central gallery for DebConf6 behind gallery.debconf.org. As it is open for everyone, just create a user there and send a little mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to get your account activated.
We would like to have this as a central point for all pictures taken at DebConf6 (and all prior / following DebConf-Events), so we would really appreciate if you can (in addition to your own gallery) upload the pictures from DebConf6 or all prior events you attended there.